Innovestor is a fast-growing Group operating within the domains of venture capital, financial services and corporate venturing. We invest in startups and commercial real estate and offer growth and innovation services. On top of that we manage one the largest private VC portfolios in the Nordics. Our team consists of over 30 professionals working in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
We are now hiring a Legal Trainee to support our legal & compliance function. As a Legal Trainee, you will work as part of Innovestor’s Helsinki team providing support with various legal tasks, especially in the field of corporate law.
- participating in due diligence work during investment rounds
- drafting minutes and proxies and ensuring compliance in corporate governance
- handling official registrations
- drafting and commenting commercial contracts and other agreements
- taking care of tasks related to data privacy, real estate and employment law
- handling diverse incoming requests and tasks from our investment relations and business
We are looking for:
- completed 3-4 years of legal studies
- basic knowledge of corporate and contract law
- a good basis of legal thinking
- previous internship experience where you have developed your work practices towards careful and precise approach to legal issues as well as showing initiative
- excellent spoken and written proficiency in both Finnish and English
Interest in investing, excellent Excel skills and knowledge of investment services and securities market are an advantage, but they are not required.
You will succeed at Innovestor if you are self-initiated and take ownership of the tasks assigned to you. You should also have a strong ability to embrace new things and prioritize, as tasks are broad-based and fragmented.
We can offer you:
- A unique opportunity in the financial and VC sector – challenging but rewarding fields to work in
- Part-time work, around 2 days a week, which enables smooth coordination between work and studies. However, for summer (May, June and August) the work can be arranged as full-time.
- Centrally located office in the heart of Helsinki, with flexible working hours and possibility for remote work
- Exposure to working with experienced colleagues and entrepreneurs from the most exciting startups in the region
Sounds like you?
For more information, please contact Innovestor’s Legal & Compliance Director Anna Bernitz, mobile +358 40 8384965 (Friday 26.3, 10 – 12 and Wednesday 31.3, 11 – 13).
Applications including your cover letter and resume should be sent via email (Subject: Legal Trainee) to: anna.bernitz(a)innovestor.fi. Language can be in Finnish or English.
Application deadline: 18.4.2021