Innovestor Group is a fast-growing investment firm operating within the domains of venture capital, financial services, and corporate venturing. We invest in startups and commercial real estate and offer growth and innovation services. Innovestor manages one of the largest private startup portfolios in the Nordics. Our team consists of 30 professionals working in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
We are now looking for Legal Counsel to join our legal and compliance team on a group level. In this role you will be working closely with different stakeholders throughout the Innovestor group, advising them on legal matters and providing hands-on support.
- Take care of varying corporate law and governance tasks within the group
- Act as board secretary for some group companies
- Draft and comment commercial contracts
- Advise in employment law, data privacy and matters related to real estate
- Possibly participate in investment processes (due diligence, investment documentation)
- Support business unit leaders in their versatile requests
- Consult and work together with external legal advisors
We look for:
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience from a law firm or a corporate legal department
- Good command of general corporate and contract law, understanding of HR matters as well as data privacy
- Firm basis of legal thinking
- Prior experience/knowledge from venture capital, financial services and /or real estate industries is an advantage
- Independent self-starter with a get-things-done attitude, pressure resistant multi-talent with a strong ability to embrace new things and prioritize
- Fluent in Finnish and English with native proficiency
- Legal support in other issues relevant to our business, depending on your skills and experience
- Extremely diverse and challenging role taking part of building a leading player in an exciting industry
- Possibility to succeed as part of a flat and result driven organization
- Exposure to working with experienced colleagues, investors and founders
- Centrally located office in the heart of Helsinki, with flexible working hours and possibility for remote work
The position is permanent and starts as soon as a suitable candidate is found. For more information, please contact Innovestor’s Director of legal & compliance Anna Bernitz mobile +358 40 838 4965.
Applications including your cover letter with salary requirements and resume should be sent via email (Subject: Legal Counsel) to: anna.bernitz(a)innovestor.fi. The language can be Finnish or English.
Application deadline: 18.3.2022, however, we’ll process applications right away so don’t delay your application.