We are hiring a: Director, Legal & Compliance to join our dynamic and expanding team
Innovestor Group is a fast-growing Finnish venture capital and financial services company. We manage venture capital (VC) funds, and make direct investments into startups and commercial properties. What makes us unique in the VC landscape, is that we also operate an online Co-investment Platform, through which private investors can invest together with us into startups and commercial properties. Additionally, through our strategic ownership in Kasvun Roihu, we operate Finland’s largest growth sparring program Kasvu Open and Grow to Market acceleration programs for entrepreneurs and corporate partners. We have the largest private VC portfolio in the Nordics, and our offices are located in Helsinki (HQ), Jyväskylä, Stockholm and Moscow.
At our core, our aim is to find the future success stories and help them succeed by not only providing capital, but also our teams valuable know-how and networks.
- Lead the Group Legal & Compliance function as a member of the Group Management team
- The Group Legal & Compliance functions primary responsibilities include management of corporate governance issues and compliance with regulations relating to the Group’s businesses (e.g. equity and debt offerings, secondary trading and fund management), drafting various commercial contracts and matters concerning the establishment and operations of venture capital, commercial properties and other investment products
- Act as appointed Compliance Officer and liaison with the regulator / FIN-FSA
- Implement effective legal “house-keeping” practices and operate as secretary for Group company boards
- Provide expert advice to the Group Management team, as well as internal and external stakeholders regarding a diverse range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters
- Unique opportunity to participate in building a leading player in an exciting industry
- Possibility to affect and shape the development of the Group Legal & Compliance function
- Exposure to working with experienced colleagues and entrepreneurs from the most exciting startups in the region
- Central office location in downtown Helsinki with flexible working hours
- University law degree with excellent academic record
- Preferably +5 years of work experience in similar tasks, e.g. from a financial services company, law firm or a corporate legal department
- Good command of general corporate and contract law, and thorough understanding of regulated investment products as well as legal structuring
- Excellent spoken and written proficiency in Finnish and English, Swedish is seen as a plus
- Valued qualities include a positive attitude even in challenging situations, self-starter with the ability to get things done, curiosity towards new ideas & concepts and courage to act upon conviction
For more information, please contact Wilhelm Lindholm (Member of the Board), mobile +358 40 5811051 / email@example.com.
Applications including cover letter with salary requirements and resume should be sent via email (Subject: Director, Legal & Compliance) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Language can be in Finnish or English.