We are hiring an Analyst Trainee to join our Innovestor Ventures team who will help build deal flow and source investment opportunities. Read on to learn more who we are looking for.
Innovestor Ventures is the venture capital arm of Innovestor and is an early-stage VC firm managing 3 venture funds with a total of 123 million euros of assets under management. We have one of the largest privately backed startup portfolios in Finland. As an active Helsinki based early-stage venture capital investor, our focus is on ambitious growth companies in all fields of technology in the new Nordics region. Our mission is to be a growth catalyst combining not only the much-needed capital but also supporting our portfolio companies with valuable know-how and networks through our years of experience, network of co-investors and high caliber growth programs.
As an Analyst Trainee, you will be working closely with our Head Analyst on our new Industrial Technology fund focusing on deal flow from the Nordic & Baltic region. The position is part-time (15-30h/week) and fixed-term until 30.6.2021. You will mainly work at our centrally located Helsinki office, but you also have the possibility of remote work.
Your tasks include:
- Sourcing and screening investment opportunities in the Nordics & Baltics and assisting the team in evaluating the potential of opportunities
- Mapping and researching industry verticals across target geographies to identify attractive markets and companies
- Helping with building a more data-driven approach to managing our network and deal flow
- Meeting startups and networking in the startup community (events, meetups, etc.)
- And any other suitable tasks
We are looking for:
- Relevant university studies for example within the business, engineering or similar fields with an excellent academic track record
- Analytical and business-oriented mindset with a hands-on and independent attitude
- Effective communicator with the ability to articulate ideas accurately and concisely
- Fluency in Finnish and English (Fluency in other Nordic & Baltic languages is considered a plus)
- Advanced skills in Excel & PowerPoint
- Previous experience from relevant positions considered advantageous (e.g. startups, business development and strategic consulting) but not a prerequisite.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunity to learn about the venture capital industry
- Relevant work experience and useful contacts for your future career
- Supportive and experienced colleagues to boost your development
- Flexible working hours with the possibility for remote work
- Great fun!
Sounds like you?
In this position, you will be employed as aTalent employee at Innovestor Ventures. Please submit your application documents by the latest 20th of October via aTalent’s application system here: https://apply.atalent.fi/innovestor-ventures-analyst-trainee-10-2020
Note that your application documents should include in PDF format:
1) your CV
2) your cover letter and
3) your latest Transcript of Records of your studies in English (or in Finnish)
In your cover letter please answer these two questions:
-Why are you interested in venture capital and technological innovations?
-What are your salary request and possible starting date?
For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Laura Seppä (040 557 9389, laura.seppa[at]atalent.fi).